Y5 have PE on Thursday. Children are to come to school in their full school PE kit and school jumper/cardigan.
Y5 have their reading books changed on Wednesday so please ensure they have read their books and completed the quizzes on Oxford Reading Buddy. If your child needs a new password for Oxford Reading Buddy, please see you class teacher.
Recommended Reading List
If you are looking for further reading inspiration, look no further!
- Children are to read for 10 minutes per night and bring their reading log in everyday, signed by an adult.
- English and Maths home learning will come home on a Thursday via Seesaw and should be returned by Tuesday.
- Topic ‘thinking’ home learning is set at the beginning of each half term and has a deadline date for later in the term.
- Talking Home Learning Tasks will be sent home every Thursday. These lovely tasks give families a chance to discuss an interesting comment with a specific topic focus and then children will share their families thoughts and ideas in class, from Tuesday onwards.
Thinking Home Learning Challenges
- Autumn 1 – History – Anglo Saxons, Scots and Vikings
- Autumn 2 – Geography – Is the Earth Running Out of Natural Resources
- Spring 1 – History – Slavery in Liverpool
- Spring 2 – Geography – Is the Geography of South America All the Same
- Summer 1 – History – The Maya
- Summer 2 – Geography – Can the Earth Shake, Rattle and Roll.
Class Curriculum Maps
Click on the links below to find out more about our half termly Topics:
Click on the links below to see more in depth detail about what children will be learning each half term in foundation subjects:
History Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Local History – Slavery
- Spring 1 – Anglo Saxons, Scots & Vikings
- Summer 1 – Ancient Mayans
Geography Knowledge Organisers
Science Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Forces
- Autumn 2 – Earth & Space
- Spring 1 – Life Cycles
- Spring 2 – Materials
- Summer 1 – Separating Mixtures
- Summer 2 – Types of Change
RE Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Worship
- Autumn 2 – True Meaning of Christmas
- Spring 1 – Peace
- Spring 2 – Forgiveness
- Summer 1 – Jesus the Healer
- Summer 2 – Commitment
Spanish Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Core Language
- Autumn 2 – Early Language Vegetables
- Spring 1 – Early Language Ancient Britain
- Spring 2 – Intermediate Language My Family
- Summer 1 – Intermediate Language The Classroom
- Summer 2 – Intermediate Language Clothes
Art Knowledge Organisers
DT Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Electrical Systems – Greetings Cards
- Spring 1 – Food – What Could Be Healthier
- Summer 1 – Structures – Bridges
Click below to find out more about our incredible English Curriculum:
Below is an overview of the Year 5 Maths curriculum taught through Power Maths:
Below is your half termly class newsletter from your class child’s class teacher, Miss Worthington:
Welcome to Y5
Meet Our Roby Park Learning Heroes….