Y1 have PE on Wednesday. Children are to come to school in their full school PE kit and school jumper/cardigan.
Y1 have their reading books changed on Monday so please ensure they have read their books and completed the quizzes on Oxford Reading Buddy. If your child needs a new password for Oxford Reading Buddy, please see you class teacher.
Recommended Reading List
If you are looking for further reading inspiration, look no further!
- Children are to read for 10 minutes per night and bring their reading log in everyday, signed by an adult.
- English and Maths home learning will come home on a Thursday via Seesaw and should be returned by Tuesday.
- Topic ‘thinking’ home learning is set at the beginning of each half term and has a deadline date for later in the term.
- Talking Home Learning Tasks will be sent home every Thursday. These lovely tasks give families a chance to discuss an interesting comment with a specific topic focus and then children will share their families thoughts and ideas in class, from Tuesday onwards.
Thinking Home Learning Challenges
- Autumn 1 – History – Transport
- Autumn 2 – Geography – What is it Like Where I Live
- Spring 1 – History – Kitty Wilkinson
- Spring 2 – Geography – What is the Weather Like Today
- Summer 1 – History – What Toys Did They Play With a Long Time Ago
- Summer 2 – Geography – What is it Like in Australia
Class Curriculum Maps
Click on the links below to find out more about our half termly Topics:
Click on the links below to see more in depth detail about what children will be learning each half term in foundation subjects:
History Knowledge Organisers
Geography Knowledge Organisers
Science Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Change of seasons
- Autumn 2 – Comparing Materials
- Spring 1 – Identifying Materials
- Spring 2 – Parts of Animals
- Summer 1 – Plants
- Summer 2 – Types of Animals
RE Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn1 – Caring for Others
- Autumn2 – Gifts and Giving
- Spring 1 – Friendship
- Spring 2 – Easter and Surprises
- Summer 1 – Places of Worship
- Summer 2 – Religions and Rituals
Art Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 2 – Formal Elements of Art
- Spring 2 – Landscapes Using Different Media
- Summer 2 – Sculptures & Collage
DT Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Mechanisms – Wheels & Axles
- Spring 1 – Food – Fruit & Vegetables
- Summer 1 – Textiles – Puppets
Click below to find out more about our incredible English Curriculum:
Below is an overview of the Year 1 Maths curriculum taught through Power Maths:
Below is your half termly class newsletter from your class child’s class teacher, Miss Bennett:
Welcome to Y1
Meet Our Roby Park Learning Heroes…
Watch our Christmas Production – “Lights, Camel, Action…The Sequin!”