Y3 have PE on Friday. Children are to come to school in their full school PE kit and school jumper/cardigan.
Y3 have their reading books changed on Thursday so please ensure they have read their books and completed the quizzes on Oxford Reading Buddy. If your child needs a new password for Oxford Reading Buddy, please see you class teacher.
Recommended Reading List
If you are looking for further reading inspiration, look no further!
- Children are to read for 10 minutes per night and bring their reading log in everyday, signed by an adult.
- English and Maths home learning will come home on a Thursday via Seesaw and should be returned by Tuesday.
- Topic ‘thinking’ home learning is set at the beginning of each half term and has a deadline date for later in the term.
- Talking Home Learning Tasks will be sent home every Thursday. These lovely tasks give families a chance to discuss an interesting comment with a specific topic focus and then children will share their families thoughts and ideas in class, from Tuesday onwards.
Thinking Home Learning Challenges
- History – Stone Age to Iron Age
- Geography – Where on Earth Are We?
- History – Maritime Heritage
- Geography – Who Are Our European Neighbours
- History – Egyptians
- Geography – Why Do Volcanoes Errupt?
Class Curriculum Maps
Click on the links below to find out more about our half termly Topics:
Click on the links below to see more in depth detail about what children will be learning each half term in foundation subjects:
History Knowledge Organisers
Geography Knowledge Organisers
Science Knowledge Organisers
- Light and Shadows
- Magnets & Forces
- Movement and Feeding
- Parts of Plants
- Rocks & Soils
- What Plants Need
RE Knowledge Organisers
Spanish Knowledge Organisers
- Core Language
- Early Language I am learning Spanish
- Early Language – Animals
- Early Language – Fruits
- Early Language – Little Red Riding Hood
- Early Language I can…
Art Knowledge Organisers
DT Knowledge Organisers
Click below to find out more about our incredible English Curriculum:
Below is an overview of the Year 3 Maths curriculum taught through Power Maths:
Below is your half termly class newsletter from your class child’s class teacher, Miss Marras:
Welcome to Y3
Meet Our Roby Park Learning Heroes…