Y6 have PE on Thursday. Children are to come to school in their full school PE kit and school jumper/cardigan.
Y6 have their reading books changed on Monday so please ensure they have read their books and completed the quizzes on Oxford Reading Buddy. If your child needs a new password for Oxford Reading Buddy, please see you class teacher.
Recommended Reading List
If you are looking for further reading inspiration, look no further!
- Children are to read for 10 minutes per night and bring their reading log in everyday, signed by an adult.
- English and Maths home learning will come home on a Thursday via Seesaw and should be returned by Tuesday.
- Topic ‘thinking’ home learning is set at the beginning of each half term and has a deadline date for later in the term.
- Talking Home Learning Tasks will be sent home every Thursday. These lovely tasks give families a chance to discuss an interesting comment with a specific topic focus and then children will share their families thoughts and ideas in class, from Tuesday onwards.
Thinking Home Learning Challenges
- History – War and Conflict
- Geography – Is Every Mountain a Volcano
- History – Where are the Origins of Liverpool
- Geography – What is Fairtrade
- History – Crime & Punishment
- Geography – Yosemite
Class Curriculum Maps
Click on the links below to find out more about our half termly Topics:
Click on the links below to see more in depth detail about what children will be learning each half term in foundation subjects:
History Knowledge Organisers
Geography Knowledge Organisers
Science Knowledge Organisers
RE Knowledge Organisers
- The Christmas Story
- Creation Stories
- Free Will and Determination
- Justice and Freedom
Spanish Knowledge Organisers
- Core Language
- Early Language I can…
- Early Language Vegetables
- Intermediate Language My House
- Intermediate What is the Date
- Intermediate The Romans
Art Knowledge Organisers
DT Knowledge Organisers
Click below to find out more about our incredible English Curriculum:
Below is an overview of the Year 6 Maths curriculum taught through Power Maths:
Below is your half termly class newsletter from your class child’s class teacher, Mrs D’Arcy:
Welcome to Y6
Meet Our Roby Park Learning Heroes…