Y6 have PE on Thursday. Children are to come to school in their full school PE kit and school jumper/cardigan.
Y6 have their reading books changed on Monday so please ensure they have read their books and completed the quizzes on Oxford Reading Buddy. If your child needs a new password for Oxford Reading Buddy, please see you class teacher.
Recommended Reading List
If you are looking for further reading inspiration, look no further!
- Children are to read for 10 minutes per night and bring their reading log in everyday, signed by an adult.
- English and Maths home learning will come home on a Thursday via Seesaw and should be returned by Tuesday.
- Topic ‘thinking’ home learning is set at the beginning of each half term and has a deadline date for later in the term.
- Talking Home Learning Tasks will be sent home every Thursday. These lovely tasks give families a chance to discuss an interesting comment with a specific topic focus and then children will share their families thoughts and ideas in class, from Tuesday onwards.
Thinking Home Learning Challenges
- Autumn 1 – History – War and Conflict
- Autumn 2 – Geography – Is Every Mountain a Volcano
- Spring 1 – History – Where are the Origins of Liverpool
- Spring 2 – Geography – What is Fairtrade
- Summer 1 – History – Crime & Punishment
- Summer 2 – Geography – Yosemite
Class Curriculum Maps
Click on the links below to find out more about our half termly Topics:
Click on the links below to see more in depth detail about what children will be learning each half term in foundation subjects:
History Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – War & Conflict
- Spring 1 – Local History – The Beginning of the Muddy Pool
- Summer 1 – Crime & Punishment
Geography Knowledge Organisers
Science Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Changing Circuits
- Autumn 2 – Classifying Living Things
- Spring 1 – Evolution & Inheritance
- Spring 2 – Light & Sight
- Summer – Our Bodies
RE Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Humanism
- Autumn 2 – The Christmas Story
- Spring 1 – Creation Stories
- Spring 2 – Free Will and Determination
- Summer 1 – Justice and Freedom
- Summer 2 – Eternity
Spanish Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Core Language
- Autumn 2 – Early Language I can…
- Spring 1 – Early Language Vegetables
- Spring 2 – Intermediate Language My House
- Summer 1 – Intermediate What is the Date
- Summer 2 – Intermediate The Romans
Art Knowledge Organisers
DT Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Textiles – Waistcoats
- Spring 1 – Mechanical Systems – Automata Toys
- Summer 1 – Food – Come Dine With Me
Click below to find out more about our incredible English Curriculum:
Below is an overview of the Year 6 Maths curriculum taught through Power Maths:
Below is an overview of the Year 6 Sex & Relationships and Drugs & Alcohol Education:
Below is your half termly class newsletter from your class child’s class teacher, Mrs D’Arcy:
Welcome to Y6
Meet Our Roby Park Learning Heroes…