School Day and Organisation
Nursery Timetable – COMING SOON
Reception Timetable – COMING SOON
- The school gates open at 8.30am and it is from this time that parents can wait with their children. Children should not be left unaccompanied. Staff will come outside at 8.35am ready for ‘Wake Up, Shake Up’.
- Year 5 & 6 children may arrive and leave school independently, with written permission from their parents or carers
- If you want to speak to the class teacher in the morning, see Mrs Lyon or Mrs Akkeb who will take your messages and then liaise with class teachers.
- The children line up at 8.45am and the school day begins at 8:50am. Registers are taken in class at 8.50am promptly.
- Morning break for the KS1 is 10.00 – 10.15am and KS2 10.30 – 10.45am.
- There is a variety of play equipment for the children to use during playtimes, as well as the new playground equipment. There are at least two members of staff on duty to promote team games, relationship guidance and first aid treatment, if needed.
- Lunch breaks are from 11.30 – 12.30pm for children in EYFS and 12.00 – 1.00pm for KS1 & KS2. Lunch is served in phased sittings in the hall.
- A celebration assembly takes place every Friday and class assemblies are on a termly rota. Parents are welcome to attend class assemblies. Special themed assemblies take place throughout the year.
- At the end of the school day, the school gates are opened at 2.50pm. Those picking up Y3-6 children, collect them from the class teacher in the main playground. EYFS children are collected from their playground, with parents entering via Easton Road. Y1-2 children are collected outside their exit and parents enter via Western Avenue.
- If you cannot pick up your child, we ask you to ensure that we know the person who will be collecting them. If we have not been informed of the person collecting, we will keep the child with us until we are absolutely sure of the arrangements. Those picking your child up should give the password to the staff member.
- No child may be collected by another child or sibling under the age of 16 years.
- We ask that the playground is vacated by 3.15pm at the very latest, so that After School Clubs can commence and staff can attend meetings knowing that each child is safely with an adult.