Y4 have PE on Thursday. Children are to come to school in their full school PE kit and school jumper/cardigan.
Children are allocated books on Oxford Reading Buddy, linked to their stage of Reading. We expect children to read for 10 minutes every night and then to complete the end of book comprehension quiz when they come to the end of their book. When children complete their quiz, they move on to the next book. If your child needs a new password for Oxford Reading Buddy, please see you class teacher.
Recommended Reading List
If you are looking for further reading inspiration, look no further!
- Children are to read for 10 minutes per night and bring their reading log in everyday, signed by an adult.
- Spelling and times table home learning will be set on a Thursday via Seesaw, Spelling Shed and/or Times Table Rockstars and should be completed by Tuesday.
- Topic ‘thinking’ home learning is set at the beginning of each half term and has a deadline date for later in the term.
Thinking Home Learning Challenges
- Autumn 1 – History – What Happened When the Romans Came?
- Autumn 2 – Geography – Where Does Our Food Come From
- Spring 1 – History – Local History: Who Built Our City?
- Spring 2 – Geography – Why are Rivers Important
- Summer 1 – History – What Were the Greatest Achievements of the Ancient Greece?
- Summer 2 – Geography – Is Spain a Good Place to Take a Holiday?
Class Curriculum Maps
Click on the links below to find out more about our half termly Topics:
Click on the links below to see more in depth detail about what children will be learning each half term in foundation subjects:
History Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – What Happened When the Romans Came?
- Spring 1 – Local History: Who Built Our City?
- Spring 2 – What Were the Greatest Achievements of Ancient Greece? – COMING SOON
Geography Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 2 – Where Does Our Food Come From?
- Spring 2 – Why Are Rivers Important?
- Summer 2 – Is Spain a Good Place to Take a Holiday? – COMING SOON
Science Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Animals including Humans
- Autumn 2 – Living Things and Their Habitats
- Spring 1 – States of Matter
- Spring 2 – Sound
- Summer 1 – Electricity
- Summer 2 – Transition
RE Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Journeys – COMING SOON
- Autumn 2 – Shepherds at Christmas – COMING SOON
- Spring 1 – Buddhism – COMING SOON
- Spring 2 – Forgiveness/Easter – COMING SOON
- Summer 1 – Special Places – COMING SOON
- Summer 2 – The Bible – COMING SOON
Art Knowledge Organisers
DT Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Electrical Systems – Torches
- Spring 1 – Structure – Pavillions
- Summer 1 – Food – Adapting a Recipe
Computing Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Collaborative Learning
- Summer 2 – Investigating Weather
- Summer 1 – Computational Thinking
- Autumn 2 – Further Coding With Scratch
- Spring 2 – HTML
- Spring 1 – Website Design
Spanish Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Core Language
- Autumn 2 – Early Language – Animals
- Spring 1 – Musical Instruments
- Spring 2 – Early Language I can…
- Summer 1 – Intermediate Language Presenting Myself
- Summer 2 – Early Language Vegetables
Click below to find out more about our incredible English Curriculum:
Below is an overview of the Year 4 Maths curriculum taught through Power Maths:
Below is an overview of the Year 4 Sex & Relationships and Drugs & Alcohol Education:
Below is your half termly class newsletter from your class child’s class teacher, Miss Clarkson and Mr Couling:
- Autumn 1 Half Termly Curriculum Newsletter
- Autumn 2 Half Termly Curriculum Newsletter
- Spring 1 Half Termly Curriculum Newsletter
- Spring 2 Half Termly Curriculum Newsletter
- Summer 1 Half Termly Curriculum Newsletter
- Summer 2 Half Termly Curriculum Newsletter – COMING SOON
Meet Our Roby Park Learning Heroes…