Y4 have PE on Friday. Children are to come to school in their full school PE kit and school jumper/cardigan.
Y4 have their reading books changed on Friday so please ensure they have read their books and completed the quizzes on Oxford Reading Buddy. If your child needs a new password for Oxford Reading Buddy, please see you class teacher.
Recommended Reading List
If you are looking for further reading inspiration, look no further!
- Children are to read for 10 minutes per night and bring their reading log in everyday, signed by an adult.
- English and Maths home learning will come home on a Thursday via Seesaw and should be returned by Tuesday.
- Topic ‘thinking’ home learning is set at the beginning of each half term and has a deadline date for later in the term.
- Talking Home Learning Tasks will be sent home every Thursday. These lovely tasks give families a chance to discuss an interesting comment with a specific topic focus and then children will share their families thoughts and ideas in class, from Tuesday onwards.
Thinking Home Learning Challenges
- Autumn 1 – History – Romans
- Autumn 2 – Geography – Where Does Our Food Come From
- Spring 1 – History – Landmarks and Buildings
- Spring 2 – Geography – Why are Rivers Important
- Summer 1 – History – Greeks
- Summer 2 – Geography – Is Spain a Good Place to Take a Holiday
Class Curriculum Maps
Click on the links below to find out more about our half termly Topics:
Click on the links below to see more in depth detail about what children will be learning each half term in foundation subjects:
History Knowledge Organisers
Geography Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 2 – Investigating Rivers
- Spring 2 – Spain – Catalonia
- Summer 2 – Where Does Our Food Come From
Science Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Dangers to Living Things
- Autumn 2 – Electricity
- Spring 1 – Grouping Living Things
- Spring 2 – Human Nutrition
- Summer 1 – Sound
- Summer 2 – States of Matter
RE Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Buddhism
- Autumn 2 – People of Faith
- Spring 1 – Christianity
- Spring 2 – Food and Fasting
- Summer 1 – Pilgrimages
- Summer 2 – The Bible
Spanish Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Core Language
- Autumn 2 – Early Language – Animals
- Spring 1 – Musical Instruments
- Spring 2 – Early Language I can…
- Summer 1 – Intermediate Language Presenting Myself
- Summer 2 – Early Language Vegetables
Art Knowledge Organisers
DT Knowledge Organisers
- Autumn 1 – Electrical Systems – Torches
- Spring 1 – Food – Adapting a Recipe
- Summer 1 – Structure – Pavillions
Click below to find out more about our incredible English Curriculum:
Below is an overview of the Year 4 Maths curriculum taught through Power Maths:
Below is your half termly class newsletter from your class child’s class teacher, Miss Clarkson:
Welcome to Y4
Meet Our Roby Park Learning Heroes…