In February 2019, we introduced a new mastery led mathematics curriculum at Roby Park. Power Maths is a whole-class mastery programme designed to spark curiosity and excitement and helps teachers to nurture confidence in Maths. It is developed alongside a group of teachers to ensure Power Maths meets all the needs of children. As well as Power Maths, we have set aside a time of the day to focus on fluency and the teaching of key number facts including number bonds, times tables, doubling, halving etc.
Click on the link below to find out more about Power Maths:
Mathematics is central to learning. Our children lives are full of numbers. Mathematics also helps them to achieve well in other subjects such as science, computing, history and geography. It is vital to how our children learn and live.
The aim of our curriculum is to ensure that our children master their understanding of Mathematics at their age related expectations.
At Roby Park, we aim to develop children who:
- Become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics, including the varied and regular practice of increasingly complex problems over time.
- Reason mathematically by following a line of enquiry, understanding relationships and generalisations, and developing an argument, justification or proof using mathematical language.
- Can solve problems by applying their mathematics to a variety of problems with increasing sophistication, including breaking down problems into a series of simpler steps and persevering in seeking solutions.
For further support, please download this leaflet on Mastery Maths.
Below are our long term plans for Maths by year group:
- Y1 Maths Overview
- Y2 Maths Overview
- Y3 Maths Overview
- Y4 Maths Overview
- Y5 Maths Overview
- Y6 Maths Overview
If you want to support your child with their Maths, below are prompt sheets to support you:
- Maths Vocab List
- Y1 Helpful Hints Sheet
- Y2 Helpful Hints Sheet
- Y3 Helpful Hints Sheet
- Y4 Helpful Hints Sheet
- Y5 Helpful Hints Sheet
- Y6 Helpful Hints Sheet
- Maths Policy
- Power Maths KS1 Calculation Policy
- Power Maths LKS2 Calculation Policy
- Power Maths UKS2 Calculation Policy