Attendance and Punctuality
It is important for your child to arrive at school in good time in the morning to start the day in a relaxed and calm way. If children arrive late, it is unsettling for them and their class and it has a negative impact on learning.
- Please ensure that you are in the playground at 8.40am at the latest. Staff will collect KS2 children from the playground at 8.45am, following ‘Wake Up, Shake Up’ at 8.35am. KS1 and EYFS pupils will enter their classroom/key stage corridor once the doors open at 8.45am. EYFS parents can wait on the EYFS playground, gaining access from the Easton Road entrance.
- If you need your child to be in school earlier than this time then please ask us about our Breakfast Club.
- The school gates are closed at 8:50am, so parents are asked to leave the playground promptly.
- If you arrive at school after 8.50am, then we ask that you inform the office the reason your child is late. Children should not be sent into school unaccompanied.
- If your child is absent from school, please contact the office on the first day of absence by 8.45am. On returning to the school we require an explanation.
- At the end of the day, KS2 teachers will also escort children to the main playground to ensure that they go home safely. EYFS children will be collected from their classrooms as will KS1 children.
If you need to take your child out of school during term time, a leave of absence letter requesting permission should be sent to the Head teacher.
SCHOOL TARGET: Children are expected to attain a minimum of 97% attendance or above so we ask that you do not take holidays in term time.